Tuesday, August 17, 2010

9 weeks post-op

Tuesday, August 17, 2010
Feeling pretty good this week. The transition back has been fairly seamless. Lots of work to do and mostly I'm just picking up where I left off. I enjoy my job and it's exciting to be back at work!

I have been arriving early (630-830am arrivals) and *trying* to leave by 530pm. I need to schedule bedtime earlier though. I need more sleep.

Sleep is my friend. My husband, even before the surgery, referred to 'sleep' as my mistress. Now, it has become my second husband. :)

Sleep is so rejuvenating. Sleep heals. Health and recovery has been found in sleep. Lots and lots of sleep. I managed to maintain my sanity in the hospital due to the amount of sleep I got there. It was largely interrupted sleep, however, because I was simply lying in bed all the time, I was able to easily doze randomly. Not as easily accomplished outside that setting.

Sleep is much of what I need for improved health anyway even without having had surgery. I need to make it a point to get more sleep.

Zzzz.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would you consider being a living kidney donor?

Followers

About Me

My photo
I married Lorne on Saturday, August 13, 2005. Our children Benjamin and Brittany live with us and our 3 dogs Bailey, Rex, Leo, and Molly the cat.