Thursday, July 16, 2009

Social Worker

The social worker met with Lorne and I for over an hour this morning and she spoke practically non-stop for 50 minutes providing Lorne with background and lots of information before he had a chance to really ask anything in detail. She had answered most of his questions already and together they agreed that being a Living Kidney Donor is almost something I was meant to do.

We discussed how this program of living kidney donors gives research and technology time to figure out how to grow kidneys for transplant recipients or any other advances in medicine there could be out there. It's exciting times.

Brigitte said she would file her report by the end of the week. The next thing would be for me to meet with the nephrologist who ultimately determines my suitability. She reminded me to speak to my parents and Lorne assured her I would. Now I have write a letter to my family and await the phone call telling me the date of my next appointment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would you consider being a living kidney donor?

Followers

About Me

My photo
I married Lorne on Saturday, August 13, 2005. Our children Benjamin and Brittany live with us and our 3 dogs Bailey, Rex, Leo, and Molly the cat.