Monday, August 3, 2009

Kara and Joe

Kara and I used to be pretty good friends. We met online February 1999 and in person July 2000 when I vacationed with her and her family and friends (LP2K!). Today Kara is 35! She lives in Martinez, California. The last we were in touch, I knew her husband Joe had kidney problems but I didn't know recent details until today when Kara's brother Jeff posted a picture of Joe on Facebook with a caption that said:

"Btw, he needs a kidney, is on dialysis every night. So if you know of a spare kidney let me know. Actually, things look good. Kara has been approved to donate hers, so we are hoping for a swap later this year...."

That is a really bizarre coincidence. We haven't been in touch in years. I remember saying at the time that I would be willing to be tested as a donor if the time came Joe needed a transplant but I never actually knew anything about it at the time or thought I might actually be one, then we lost touch.

Photo by Jeff Birkenstein

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would you consider being a living kidney donor?

Followers

About Me

My photo
I married Lorne on Saturday, August 13, 2005. Our children Benjamin and Brittany live with us and our 3 dogs Bailey, Rex, Leo, and Molly the cat.