Sunday, May 15, 2016

Recognition Event

May 15, 2016

I've helped host over 20 blood donor clinics for employees at my company. The blood services rep that I work with nominated me for an annual recognition event. Last week I was called by Gillian Magnus, the Chair of the event in Ottawa, and invited to attend as I was one of 5 selected in the blood donor category. She explained the Life Blood Committee read my story and found it very inspiring.

This is the 17th annual recognition event, and includes 8 other categories such as stem cells, volunteers, peer recruiters, organ donors, and partners for a total of 25 individuals attending. It's all expenses paid! 

September 11, 2016 I'll be attending a Meet and Greet at Hotel Indigo where I'll be staying. September 12, 2016 a Welcome Breakfast, Guided Tour, tour of head office lab, formal reception / gala dinner with awards presentation where I'll be called on stage and presented with a token of recognition. Return home September 13th. I can invite a guest to stay with me, and attend the evening event. Gillian's assistant Beverly will email me the arrangements, and send a brochure. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would you consider being a living kidney donor?

Followers

About Me

My photo
I married Lorne on Saturday, August 13, 2005. Our children Benjamin and Brittany live with us and our 3 dogs Bailey, Rex, Leo, and Molly the cat.