Tuesday, February 8, 2011

34 weeks post-op

Tuesday, February 8, 2011
Life is good. I'm healthy and wise. :) Only rarely am I reminded by my body that I've had surgery. Only when I put forth bodily effort I can feel something inside. Unidentifiable but something. The only reminder and only sometimes... but a reminder of what? Should I always remember? Is it because I should be careful? Watch I don't push too hard... or really, doesn't it mean I should push harder if it is no longer a challenge?

After recovering from the flu and fatigue last month, I feel like I'm finally, truly on the mend. November/December displayed great progress as far as energy and no longer really having physical 'strains' or limitations but then the holidays hit and even more stresses than typically come with it.

I partied too much one night that I didn't seem to fully recover from until a month later; my plans changed abruptly from driving 1500 km in each direction for the holidays to dealing with our tenants moving out of the condo; having it painted throughout immediately after Christmas and deciding to move back to the condo then have to move/downsize while 3 of us got taken down by the flu. A lot to deal with the last 2 weeks of 2010.

In regards to the 'partying', I think my tolerance level has changed drastically. I bought a bottle of red wine last week and it took me 4 evenings to finish it. Not typical of me! But I was explaining to my husband that after 1 drink it almost feels like it's after the effects of 3 or 4 drinks have started to wear off where one may not feel so good. Almost hung-over, almost 'sick' feeling or run-down. Very strange. I guess I should think of that as a positive thing. I'm not drinking as much as I used to and when I do it affects me more quickly so I'm a cheap drunk. :)

I am being challenged in karate more (again) too which I love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would you consider being a living kidney donor?

Followers

About Me

My photo
I married Lorne on Saturday, August 13, 2005. Our children Benjamin and Brittany live with us and our 3 dogs Bailey, Rex, Leo, and Molly the cat.