Tuesday, October 19, 2010

18 weeks post-op

Tuesday, October 19, 2010


I feel pretty good. I am a little stressed (hmmm, note to self - pick up more B-complex vitamins).

Even work, which is completely crazy-busy right now, is fun and exciting. I'm head deep into it all and loving the chaos. Enjoyable and sufficiently challenging allowing me to rise in the face of adversity as I learn new tools, relearn skills and manage things like I've never done before. Fun times!

My abs, arms and shoulders are still sore from Saturday's cool-down, i.e. 100 push-ups and 300 crunches. I had to lead them... and I just plowed right along. I barely managed 20 push-ups on my toes... after the first set of 20 push-ups, 60 crunches, at the second set of 20 push-ups I reverted to my knees. In any case, I feel my ab muscles all the way from under my chest to the pubic line. I had to use my core muscles in both these basic exercises and I can feel it!

I need to incorporate into my life regular lower body exercises like lunges and squats.

I'm going to invest in a resistance band (Chapters, under $20).

I brisk walk 15-minutes twice daily (to and from Union station for work) 5 times a week.

I brisk walk 12-minutes twice daily (to and from Pickering station for home) 2-3 times a week.

I really, really should invest in more cardio but... it's so tough! I need a serious attitude adjustment.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Would you consider being a living kidney donor?

Followers

About Me

My photo
I married Lorne on Saturday, August 13, 2005. Our children Benjamin and Brittany live with us and our 3 dogs Bailey, Rex, Leo, and Molly the cat.