Tuesday, February 16, 2010

June 2010 - my kidney donation month

I called the transplant coordinator this morning to learn they are keeping the original 3 donor/recipient pairs and my surgery will be in late June! I won't have a specific date until May though as all the travel and other coordination needs to be worked out. I am excited - happy that I am not "losing" my recipient... and particularly pleased that the other recipient who has had issues being able to move forward with a transplant is still in my group. :)



Medical Minutes in Urology from Dramatic Health
(1-2 minute-long YouTube videos)

Kidney Donor Program: What Do You Know?
Kidney Donation: Medical Advances
Kidney Donation: Living With One Kidney
Kidney Donation: Impact on Lifestyle
Living Kidney Donation vs. Non-Living



No comments:

Post a Comment

Would you consider being a living kidney donor?

Followers

About Me

My photo
I married Lorne on Saturday, August 13, 2005. Our children Benjamin and Brittany live with us and our 3 dogs Bailey, Rex, Leo, and Molly the cat.